As the mother of a little girl, I understand the desire to purchase organic clothing. However, it can be a challenge to find especially if you live in remote places or love to shop online. Since we understand this challenge so deeply we'll be sharing the best online shops to buy organic clothes for little girls.
Burt’s Bees Baby
Most of us are familiar with Burt's Bees the company commonly known for organic bath and beauty products. However, did you know they also offer apparel for babies, toddlers, and little children. While the companies inventory is not vast for little girls outside the toddler range you should be able to find the perfect pair of pajamas and a few very comfortable dresses.
Planet Frugi is known for their playful designs and of course, their journey to meet the Queen at Buckingham Palace after receiving the Queen's Award for Enterprise. The shop has a wide array of clothing for children of all ages. All their clothes are made from organic cotton and outerwear from recycled plastic.
Art & Eden
offers a wide variety of sustainable made, children’s clothing, using organic cotton & low impact dyes, throughout the United States.
The Elephant Organics
The Elephant Organics offers a variety of ecofriendly organic clothing little girls, as well as clothing and accessories for babies, children and women. The company focuses on creating organic products for real life.
Tips for Buying Organic Clothing
There are several benefits when choosing organic clothing girls, which are both beneficial to both your child as well as the environment. Since you've gotten this far in the article I'm sure you know that organic is the way to go. That's being said, I wanted to share some additional tips that will help you on your organic clothing journey. Hope it helps.
- Making sure the clothing is made of sustainable fibers which contains non-toxic dye.
- Look for clothing that is made out of organic cotton, hemp, bamboo, wool, cashmere, or silk.
- Check for the GOTS Certification (Global Organic Textile Standard). Make sure that any clothing that is GOTS Certified does not contain dye. Although the cotton may be certified, the dyes are not, and can contain heavy metals and formaldehyde, which can be harmful to your little girl’s skin.
- If you are planning to purchase clothing made from Hemp, first verify it is organic and has not been exposed to harmful pesticides or insecticides.
- Read each label carefully. Because of the promotion of conventional clothing, look out for cotton labels that are identified as “undyed,” “untreated,” “natural,” or “green.”
- Avoid Hemp clothing made in China. Hemp fibers are naturally produced when the weather breaks the stalks down, however, in China to speed up the harvesting process, some farmers, in China are now using chemicals to break down the hemp stalks.
Final Thoughts on the 10 Best Online Shops for Organic Girls Clothes
Choosing to switch from conventional clothing to organic clothing will have a positive impact on the health and well-being of your little girl. Some old misconceptions like a short wash life, uncomfortable fabric, or drab clothing are things of the past. You can now confidently enter the age of organic fashion and teach your child the importance of ethical purchases by literally giving them the opportunity to wear it on their sleeves.